Spooky Honey Bacon Caramel Corn
Our delicious Honey Bacon Caramel Corn is the perfect little treat to snack on wile watching spooky movies this Halloween! We love how easy this recipe is to throw together with very few ingredients! Put your own twist on it with your choice of Chico Honey Varietal and top it off with your favorite Halloween candy! The whole family will be sure to love it!
- 6 bacon slices
- 5 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Montana honey
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 250 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, then drain off the fat and let it cool. Once cool, coarsely chop the bacon into half-inch pieces.
- Place the bacon and popcorn into a large bowl and toss them together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, and honey and stir them together over medium heat. Once the sugar and butter have melted, stop stirring and insert a candy thermometer.
- Continue to cook the sugar until it reaches 238 F on the candy thermometer, which should only take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once at the proper temperature, remove the pan from the heat, add the baking soda, and stir vigorously. The sugar mixture will foam up, so be careful during this step.
- Pour the foamy sugar over the popcorn mixture in the bowl and quickly stir everything together, making sure the popcorn and bacon are coated with caramel.
- Spread the popcorn out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake it for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to distribute the caramel. Once it is golden brown and crunchy, take the popcorn out of the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Top it off with your favorite Halloween candy!